Sunday 14 June 2015

Growing Lychee from seed

Just bought some Lychee fruits from the supermarket. They were very green and yet sweet. Suddenly, I had an idea to plant some Lychee seeds. I saw that I had a container with dying nerve plants. I was not sure why the nerve plants had dried up because I had tried to water it but I think it was too late. Anyway, I was wondering what I should do to the container with soil. I removed the dead plants and loosened the soil.


Recycled pot
Recycled pot

I selected two seeds to put into the soil. Some seeds have weird shapes and I don't think it will make any difference. The seeds were quite small and the fruits were quite big in size. This means that it has more flesh which is good.
 
Lychee seeds
Lychee seeds

I dug two holes for the seeds. I think the correct way is to place the seeds horizontally in the holes. It should not be in a vertical position, maybe I'm wronged but I think this is the right way. After that, I covered the seeds with some soils. I think the seeds are just 5mm below the soil. I water just a little bit to wet the soil.
 
Planting seeds into the soil
Planting seeds into the soil
covered the seeds with soil
Covered the seeds with soil
 

No comments:

Post a Comment